What We Believe
The energy of the United Methodist faith comes from a practical understanding of Christianity. United Methodists are not a people of a creed, but of personal experience. The tasks of United Methodists are to invite people to experience the grace of God and to support people as they grow in the knowledge and love of God.
For United Methodist founder John Wesley, “grace” is God’s active and continuous presence:
- Grace is given to us as a gift from God.
- The Bible is a witness to grace.
- Grace is claimed for our lives when we accept God’s love through Jesus Christ.
- Grace is shared through loving relationships and service to humanity.
- Grace enables us to incorporate the gospel into our daily lives.
Do Good. Show Love.