Dear Nardin Park Church Family,
After careful consideration, planning and much conversation, the Leadership Board, Covid Task Force and the staff team have decided to begin offering in person worship in our sanctuary at Nardin Park Church starting on Sunday June 6th.
For those who wish to worship in person, we look forward to having you in our beautiful sanctuary during either or both of our Sunday morning worship services (9AM band-led and 11AM classical worship service), starting in June.
We will also continue to livestream both worship services for those who are unable to attend in person, or prefer to watch the services at a different time of day or different day of the week. We are so blessed to have the technology and volunteers to make the livestream possible. And the pandemic has changed the way people connect with worship, so it is important that we have both livestream and in person options going forward.
Our hope is that once we open for in person worship on June 6th, we can remain open for in person worship going forward. Everyone’s safety remains our top priority.
More details will be forthcoming in the next few weeks but here are some highlights:
- To ensure that we have a sufficient number of proper socially distanced spaces for everyone in the sanctuary, we will have a simple online registration system for you to register your presence in advance or you can call the church office for a reservation. Reservations are needed at this time to ensure capacity limits with social distancing are maintained.
- Masks will be required for anyone entering our church building over the age of 2.
- For everyone’s safety we will use specific entrance doors to ensure proper screening and check ins before worship services.
- Our ushers and greeters will have special training to help ensure that everyone is welcomed, safe and so we can provide warm hospitality for all.
- Children will worship in the sanctuary with their families, and special Covid safe activity bags will be provided for them during the worship services. More information will follow on occasional outdoor children’s activities which will be held in between our worship services.
- Additional custodial measures have been put in place to ensure proper cleaning and safety.
- As it is not yet safe to sing together indoors, there will be no congregational singing during the services, but each worship service will include live music.
- As it is not yet safe to do so, we will not have a coffee hour in between the worship services nor after the 11AM service and you will be encouraged to leave the building after the service you attend. You will be welcome to talk with others outside on our beautiful grounds.
We are so excited to take the next steps in this long journey of the pandemic. If you feel comfortable attending worship in person, we welcome you to the sanctuary starting on June 6th and if it is better for you to continue to worship online, we welcome you to worship each week. Whatever way you worship, you are important to God and to us.
Pastor Melanie, Lead Pastor
Mike Glenn, Covid Taskforce Team Leader
Don Babcock, Leadership Board Chair